Ingredients, Tempura Batter
- 3/4 cup rice flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup seltzer water, ice cold
- Salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
Ingredients, Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sake
- 1 tablespoon Srirachi
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Cutting Boards
- Large bowl and whisk for batter
- Paper Towels
- Mix dry ingredients in large bowl. Chill sparkling water in freezer.
- When ready, mix water and whisk gently.
- Dredge food into batter and drop into 375 degree oil.
- Cook, in batches if necessary, about 4 minutes for shrimp, 2 minutes for squid and veggies, serve immediately.